Monday, December 19, 2011

Help me make my case, I don’t want my ex bring our son 380 miles away 24 times a year?

My ex moved about 380 miles away and established a new family (2 kids) already. He didn’t come to see our son for over a yr and didn’t pay child support. So I brought him to court. Because of money involved, he wanted 50% our son. The mediator, however recommended him visiting our son 2 wkds a month in my city; when our son reached an “appropriate”, he could bring our son to his city during his time with our son. In court order, he is allowed to bring our son to his city at age 4, that will be in about a week. During the time he is visiting in my city, he has been involved in our son’s swimming cles, art cles (many more were planned when he was born), which I think the best interest of our son. The down sides of him bringing our son to his city 24 times a yr are: 1. Our son’s weekend cles will stop; 2. traveling 7 hrs per day in a 2 day wkd 24 times a yr is too much for the little life; 3. my ex will actually spend lesser time with our son because much traveling. I think a once a month or every other month on long wkds or holidays is reasonable. I talked to my attorney, he said that needed to wait until it happens, then we can provide evidences why it won’t work. I talked to my ex (who is an attorney himself) and he said “what can you compromise?” The smart axx knows that is not a good idea, but he knows I will be the one get heartache and want a change, then there he has the negotiation card. I know that I can’t deal with him. I just have to go thro court. I want my reasonable plan in place because seeing my baby suffers. Can I ask the pediatrician letter saying that type of traveling is bad for his spine development Not sure if it works)? Can I say I can’t travel due to my own health? Can I say my work requires working wkds (true) and I couldn’t travel that much (if I can’t travel, my ex can’t possible travel 14 hours a day on a 2 day wkd to bring our son back a forth)? What other things I can make my case?

0 comments:

Post a Comment